New Books, New Readers is a book discussion program for adults who are new readers or who are not in the habit of reading. It opens the world of books and ideas using literature that is accessible and thought-provoking and encourages reading as an enjoyable lifelong personal and family activity.
Participants learn to love reading by engaging in facilitated discussions that relate a book’s themes to their own lives. They are given a copy of every book in the series to keep and are encouraged to share their enjoyment with family and friends.
- March 2 – Telling Our Stories Session 1: Recalling Our Past When I Was Young in Mountains (Waterville, ME)
- March 6 – The Call of Ancient Stories Introduction (South Paris, ME)
- March 6 – Hope (Greenville, ME)
- March 13 – Courage (Brewer, ME)
- March 15 – Giving (Van Buren, ME)
- March 16 – Justice (Augusta, ME)
- March 30 – Telling Our Stories (Waterville, ME)
- See full event list