Read ME is a statewide summer reading program with a Maine twist that is presented in partnership with the Maine State Library and the Portland Public Library.
The program get Maine’s adults all reading the same books – by Maine authors and recommended by a Maine author. Goals of the program include:
- connecting Maine’s adult reading community through shared reading experiences
- supporting Maine’s libraries in their work to provide quality adult summer reading initatives
- Elevate upcoming Maine authors
The two books recently selected for this program are:
- Unknown Caller by Debra Spark (FICTION)
- The Moth: 50 True Stories (NONFICTION)
March 31, 2017 is the deadline for libraries to apply for this summer reading program and books will be ordered and delivered to participating libraries by May 2017 with the book discussions occurring June-August with a culminating live event (date and location TBD) in August.