“Humanitini – where happy hour meets the humanities!”
DC has always been a city of change, forward-thinking even through struggles and celebrations of the complexities of the city’s past. Now, the city is evolving faster than ever and the council wants to capture the excitement of the vibrant communities where culture is created every day.
The 2017 Humanitini series will explore the contemporary culture of the city, examining the people, places, and ideas that define Washington, DC today.
- Civic Conversations in Virtual Space
- DC Culture and the Michelin Guide
- The Creative Economy and the DC Cultural Plan
- Statehood and New Columbia
- How Local Universities are Jumpstarting Creative Industries
- The Cuban Presence in DC
- The Intersection of Punk and Go-Go Music in DC
- Video Games and Storytelling
- John Eaton Elementary School and its Relationship with Cleveland Park
- DC Graffiti Art and Murals
- Veterans and Reintegrating with Civilian Life
- Surviving Homelessness in DC
Learn more about each topic and when the events occur by clicking below and viewing the Humanitini webpage.