Once a year, Oregon Humanities’ volunteer board of directors awards Public Program Grants between $1,000 to $10,000 (average grant awarded is $4,000) in support of programs across Oregon that get people together to listen, learn, and struggle together over challenging issues and ideas. Applications for the 2017 Public Program Grants are closed; however, information and guidelines for the 2018 cycle will be available summer 2017.
The council funds programs that meet the following criteria (please check the council’s website for more information):
- Engage community members as active participants, not just as an audience
- Explore issues or ideas from a variety of perspectives
- Help participants make meaning for themselves and their community
- Respond to an important community opportunity or challenge
- Involve community partnerships