Funding cultural programs around the state is how Ohio Humanities helps create and sustain vibrant communities. Funded projects take many forms: documentaries, exhibitions, public talks, book festivals, and digital media.
Within the council’s General Grants Program, there are three main categories: Major Grants, Quarterly Grants, and Monthly Grants.
- Major Grant (up to $20,000) applications are reviewed twice a year; however, applicants should submit a full draft outline before the deadline.
- Upcoming Deadlines include: January 5, 2018 and July 13, 2018.
- Quarterly Grant (up to $5,000) applications are reviewed four times each year; however, applicants should submit a full draft online before the deadline.
- Upcoming deadlines include: September 15, 2017, December 15, 2017, March 15, 2018, and June 15, 2018.
- Monthly Grant (up to $2,000) applications are reviewed on a monthly basis and although the council doesn’t require drafts to be submitted online, it is highly recommended.
- Deadlines are the first business day of each month and at least eight weeks before the start of the funded activity.
- First business day of each month – Monthly Grants
- September 15, 2017 – Quarterly Grants
- December 15, 2017 – Quarterly Grants
- January 5, 2018 – Major Grants
- March 15, 2018 – Quarterly Grants
- June 15, 2018 – Quarterly Grants
- July 13, 2018 – Major Grants