The Humanities NY Vision Grants are to be used as seed funding for project development. These grants offer up to $1,500 in support of brainstorming, researching, and professional development for organizations working collaboratively to develop new ideas and program strategies. The grants aim to:
- Support emerging and established partnerships between different groups on a shared project that may develop into public-facing activities
- Infuse program design with humanities themes and methodologies from the start
- Encourage experimentation in program design
- Build community input into program design
Recent grantees include:
- Historic Research Into ASCC’s 1842 Schoolhouse Building awarded to the Art School of Columbia County
- The Art School of Columbia County (ASCC) is receiving a 1842 Schoolhouse as a donation. We are researching the site’s history in collaboration with the Columbia County Historical Society (CCHS) to develop new programs for both organizations.
- Empire State Center for the Book at Governors Island Summer 2017 awarded to the New York Library Association, Empire State Center for the Book
- During the summer of 2017 there will be a pop-up site for the Empire State Center for the Book and the NYS Writers Hall of Fame. Literacy, literature, and author programming will be hosted at the building given to the center for the season.
- Willard State Pyschiatric Hospital Staff Oral History Project awarded to Edith B. Ford Memorial Library
- To formulate a plan of how to collect, record, and preserve individual recollections of former Willard Psychiatric Employees with a long-range vision to integrate the oral history project into an exhibition in addition to a permanent archive.
- Perfect Work: Sisterhood in the North Family awarded to Shaker Museum | Mount Lebanon
- Perfect Work: Sisterhood in the North Family, a guided tour, will be an immersive exploration of the lives and status of women in a Shaker family. Project planning will consist of research, writing, and creating a visual accompaniment for the tour.
- View more here.