Regular Grants provide funding in amounts between $2,001 and $7,500 to organizations seeking to conduct projects that stimulate meaningful community dialogue, attract diverse audiences, are participatory and engaging, and apply the humanities to everyday life. Projects may take the form of larger public humanities programs, conferences, exhibits, or original productions in film, television, radio or online resources.
Typical organizations eligible to receive grant funding include:
- Private nonprofit organizations
- Institutions of higher education
- State, local and federally recognized Indian tribal governments
- Community and cultural organizations
- Educational and professional groups
- Public agencies
- Non-commercial radio and television stations
Grants are awarded twice a year following the May 1st and Sept. 15th application deadlines. Proposals must be delivered to the MHC office by 5:00 p.m. on these dates. Programs and expenditures may not begin until at least ten weeks after the deadline date.