Humanities Iowa awards Mini Grants of up to $3,000 to organizations seeking to develop and implement humanities programs for the out-of-school adult public. These programs should stimulate meaningful community dialogue, attract diverse audiences, be participatory and engaging, and invite discovery of the humanities in interesting and exciting ways. In addition, a humanities scholar should be involved in the program in some capacity.
The following organizations are eligible to apply for a Mini Grant:
- Incorporated nonprofit groups
- Higher education institutions
- Units of local, state, and federal governments
- Indian tribal governments
- Groups of persons that form an association to carry out a project
Mini grant applications are accepted year-round and are evaluated when received. They should be submitted four weeks prior to the proposed program, if possible. Applicants should note that all grants have a matching requirement.
UPCOMING DEADLINE: Ongoing